Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:16:38 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /boot/loader.efi and buildkernel

--Sig_/OzkckZ2M+=oq_GcABCVNLq1

Modules and kernel are built when running "make buildkernel", but the other=
 contents
of /boot/ aren't. How can I manually - and separately - build the loader,
especially /boot/loader.efi?

I realized that building loader.efi with any kind of optimization beyond de=
bugging- or
close-to-debugging level ends up in an unloadable loader.efi on Haswell CPU=
s (IvyBridge
and C2D seem to be unaffected). The system in question is the most recent C=
URRENT,
compiled with system's CLANG 3.4.1.

Regards,
Oliver