Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 01:30:30 +0200 (EETDST)
From:      Juha Inkari <inkari@snakemail.hut.fi>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw
Subject:    Re: Apache + FreeBSD 2.0 benchmark results

> from.  What you have is an I/O Dispatching server according to what I've
> been taught .

I guess the point is differentiating servers in how they perform
multi-tasking. The server could dispatch several requests to different
tasks or it could process the requests syncronously consuming several
tasks for one request. Here goes yet another set of names:

- Repeated forking heavyweight processing server.
- Multiple forked heavyweight processing server.
- Lightweight processing server.

Also, multi-threaded or asyncronous could be added for clarification
in some contexts. The "lightweight processing server" says nothing
about the time of creation of the processing tasks, or about the
"lightness" of the thread of control, except that it should not be as
resource consuming that the "heavyweight" model.