Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 20:31:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        rminnich@Sarnoff.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "Panick" - help needed...

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> My system is virtually useless over here when I run the test program.
>
> I am running FreeBSD-current as of a week or so ago.

Mine too, though it does still continue to run, just can't do any
forks (the program forks as many processes as it can, 176 in my
case) and it appears that all lower-priority processes (such as
the top I had running at the time) get zero processing time (which
isn't really surprising).  After a few minutes the program apparently
completes and things return to normal.

Oh, I also got 39 tty-level buffer overflows (from my mouse, I
presume since that's the only tty device on the system).

My system is a P6-200 w/96MB of memory running -current (as of
about 2 weeks ago).

--
Bob Willcox	       politics, n:
bob@luke.pmr.com         A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of