Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:18:15 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        KapuT <kaput@whoever.com>
Cc:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FUG- FreeBSD User Group

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 10:15:27PM -0500, KapuT wrote:

> So I have 3 project:
> Like yours, an easy FreeBSD manual, after than all is installed who just talk
> about administration.  And as someone from Hong Kong e-mailed me, I can see
> than we talk a lot of language!  And with a lot of example.  So, if us, newbie,
> do a manual, we will understand more easily.

If a lot of people are going to write manuals, do you think it'd be a good
idea to check who is writing on which topics, so that we don't end up with
some parts missing and others duplicated? Have you seen what is being done
already by the FreeBSD documentation project? They're working on multiple
languages too. I'll see if the guy who's organising it can give us a simple
summary of what is happening.

> My second project is FUG, (Freebsd User Group) and if some admin on this list
> can e-mail me for give me information on how I can submit that project...  :-)

That depends on what you want to do. Do you want to start a User Group in
your local area? Bravo! Go right ahead. I'm a little unlcear about what you
want to submit, and why you would have to.

> And the last, would be a channel for newbie who use freebsd.
> Like #bsd-newbie
> on undernet or some server like that.

I think that there's #freebsd on dalnet and maybe undernet too. There's
nothing to stop you from opening #bsd-newbie if you want to. In fact I think
it's a wonderful idea! Would you want someone to be there who can answer
questions? If so, do you know anyone who'd be prepared to do that? Anyway,
you don't have to ask permission.

> I just want than some Admin in FreeBSD project take consideration of
> newbie and of there problems-a lot or problems...

They want to, so let's see if we can agree on what our problems are
and what it is that we need to overcome them.

> So, we are not alone in the dark, I wish :-)

No need to wish. You have all the light you want already. Work with the
people who do the work, not against them, and they'll always listen to you.

Keep those ideas flowing!

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-