Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian McGroarty <bvmcg@yahoo.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP config

When you upgrade your source, note changes in /usr/src/etc ...

In rc.network, you'll find:

if [ -n "${ifconfig_args}" ] ; then
        # See if we are using DHCP
        if [ X"${ifconfig_args}" = X"DHCP" ]; then
                 ${dhcp_program} ${dhcp_flags} ${ifn}
        else
                 ifconfig ${ifn} ${ifconfig_args}
        fi

in the network configuration section.

Try configuring an interface with "DHCP" in your rc.conf.