Date:      Thu, 18 May 1995 01:40:07 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bad memory..

system: 486/33 isa, aha1542, 16mb

added another 16mb and it went crazy with programs dumping core, and
kernel traps all over the place.  so i suspect the memory is bad (this
machine has run with 20Mb previously, and has bounce buffers configured
etc)..

On FreeBSD 1.x, the memory test doesnt complain.  I remember reading
the BIOS's memory test is crap.  What should I use to test memory?

(currently the machine has 4x4Mb 30 pin 9-chip simms, giving 16Mb.
 the new 16Mb is 4x4Mb 30 pin 3-chip simms.  that shouldnt cause
 any problems right?)

Thanks!
--
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland