Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:14:25 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Willy Picard <picard@kti.ae.poznan.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/skype, linux_base-fc6 and the missing linux-alsa-lib...

(freebsd-emulation@ added to the CC list; please drop freebsd-ports@
 when replying, thanks)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:43:01 +0200 Willy Picard wrote:

> I have the following problem while compiling net/skype on a FreeBSD 7.0 i386
> machine. I am using linux_base-fc6 (I following the 20080318 entry in the
> /usr/ports/UPDATING file). However, while compiling net/skype, it appears that
> the audio/linux-alsa-lib port is missing (as a RUN_DEPENDS). But the
> audio/linux-alsa-lib port cannot be installed on a fc6. The following error
> message appears when the audio/linux-alsa-lib port is compiled:

> ===>  linux-alsa-lib-1.0.10.3 uses AUTOMATIC_PLIST with an unsupported USE_LINUX, \"fc6\". Supported values are \"yes\" and \"fc4\".
> *** Error code 1

> In my make.conf, I have the following entries related with Linux emulation:
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=fc6
> USE_LINUX=yes

> Did I missed something? Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, there is a PR about the case:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/122826
You may use a patch from this PR.

But I'm not sure if it will be committed (I'm not speaking about f8
case). The thing is that linux_base-fc{5,6} and linux_base-f7 were
ports to test FreeBSD with sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
and let the kernel development improve. Now the kernel development
is close to switch to osrelease=2.6.16 by default at CURRENT. And
only linux_base-f8 (or later) may become a default at CURRENT and
later releases.

Note: almost all linuxolator changes where merged from 8-CURRENT to
7-STABLE. But I'm not sure if the default compat.linux.osrelease is
ever changed to 7.x.

WBR
--
bsam