Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:10:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gabriel Mark Mains <gmains@damn-cool.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with Lucent Wireless

I have been trying for a few nights to get my Linksys Wireless PCCARD to
work in FreeBSD 4.3, without success. Now I am asking for help.

Here is my setup:

FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
Dell Inspiron 8000
Linksys Wireless PCCARD (WPC11)

I am using the wi driver compiled into the kernel and I am having a few
problems.

1) When I put pccard_enable="YES" into /etc/rc.conf it will not initialize
the card. I get an error that it can't find the card (null) (null) in
pccard.conf. But if I start pccardd after login, it works just fine.

2) When I start pccardd manually I get some error about
tx_threshold_underrun or something like that and ther card does not
work. (the red LED just flashes.)

3) When I try to configure the card with wicontrol, I get an error about
SIOR...something. Help?

Thanks,
Gabriel

P.S. Sorry I don't have the exact error messages, but I don't have network
connectivity on the box yet so I can't send the email with the errors
verbatim.