Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:44:52 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, pjd@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Subject:   Re: TRIM support for UFS?

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 04:23:56PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 12/9/10 2:34 AM, Kostik Belousov wrote:
>
> [patch]
>
> commit when ready.. I'm looking forwards to being able to try it out.

And how does one actually verify TRIM is working?  Most SSDs I've used
do not have a SMART attribute that can help determine this.  I would
rather not make a bunch of assumptions about Attributes 226, 232, or 233
to help give some indication of it working.

For folks to test this, there needs to be some indicator/verification
mechanism that it's working.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |