Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:00:04 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPDATING 20151006: www/firefox build failure using poudriere

--9YbheLRFzEnE0aGp

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 08:51:35AM -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I suspect that there's something fairly fundamental that I'm missing,
> that I have something misconfigured (that hasn't shown up in the
> biweekly poudriere runs I've been doing since 19 July), or that there's a
> bug waiting to bite someone hard in a sensitive place....

OK; thanks to some hints from Olli Hauer, I was able to find where the
DBSTAT option was explicitly being unset, used sed to fix that, the
restarted a "poudriere bulk" run -- which started building 38 packages,
the first of which was databases/sqlite3 (and in the process, documented
that DBSTAT was now set).

So that's encouraging.

I'm still a bit concerned about the appearance that the state of a port
outside of the package-build ecosystem may have affected that ecosystem.

And the ports/UPDATING entry is something that ought to be noted by
anyone building packages, as it appears that the change in the default
doesn't necessarily get propagated to the options used by poudriere
(absent explicit human action).

Peace,
david
--=20
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous coward=
s.

--9YbheLRFzEnE0aGp

--9YbheLRFzEnE0aGp--