Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:32:42 +1100
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        delphij@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   OpenLDAP Server 2.4.39 upgrade loses syslog

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

I just upgraded the net/openldapserver port (r348655) and discovered
that the server did not open a syslog socket, so no logging.  I checked
the configure output and confirmed that --enable-syslog was correctly
auto-detecting syslog.

I traced this behaviour to the new DEBUG Makefile option introduced in
r348654.  The new DEBUG option is not included in OPTIONS_DEFAULT, so it
is disabled by default for upgrades.  Enabling the DEBUG option restores
the syslog functionality.  I suggest that DEBUG should be added to
OPTIONS_DEFAULT to retain existing syslog functionality by default.

I plan to submit a PR later today.

Thank you Xin LI for maintaining this port!

Regards,

--=20
John Marshall

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz