Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:22:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joel Adamson <trashbird1240@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie Experience (As promised)

Dear Very Helpful and Informative FreeBSD List,=0A=0AI installed FreeBSD on=
 Friday Night and tried very hard to get it all working.  My initial X prob=
lem actually fixed itself (you can imagine my surprise), however, even with=
 that, our computer is useless as a desktop (or anything else) without an i=
nternet connection.  My hardware is unsupported and despite my best efforts=
, I decided it would be better to expedite the process and I installed Mepi=
s Linux.=0A=0AI would hardly describe it the way another newbie did one wee=
k ago.  It was a good challenge.  I'll wait until I'm a better administrato=
r and there's more support for hardware I might have.=0A=0AThe only really =
annoying thing was that I perpetually had trouble mounting my usb flash dri=
ve.  I think this was a filesystem problem.=0A=0AThanks for any help you've=
 offered,=0AJoel=0A =0AJoel J. Adamson =0AArlington, MA=0A=0A=0A=0A