Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:09:41 -0800
From:      Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: airport estreme with Freebsd

> Really, so I assume you would hold that American companies who benefit
> from overseas sweat shops and child labour follow american regulatory
> agencies dictates (considering that clothing manufacturing occurs
> overseas as with computer manufacturing)?

One, you have to get FCC "approved" to sell electronic products in USA
(irregardless of corporate origins).  There's no choice in the matter.
This sucks becuase there's cool gizmos from Asia I would like to have,
but they haven't bothered with FCC "approval" and don't bother selling
in USA.  Europe gets the gizmos, so I am naturally jealous with envy.

Second, we can go into a whole bunch of foulnes in the world.  In USA,
our culture, our legal system IMHO is being undermined by
corporateering.  It seems now corporations have more power, more rights
than citizens with no criminal accountability.  They easily buy all the
political capital they need at the expense of democracy.  Many so-called
  US corporations are not even officially US corporations, but rather
international corporations, so they can avoid paying taxes, and comit
atrocities everywhere, at approval of corrupt foreign local governments,
and a blind eye by US politicians.

Also in Europe, at least in Eastern parts, there's rampant criminal
activity (some seem stronger than governments can manage) that par-take
in arms trade, slave trade and sex slave trade.  There's also export of
organ trade from latin americas to Europe.  We could go into Africa,
genocide, world failure there, or other parts of the world.

But instead, letz try to make a small little better patch of the world.
  Let's use FreeBSD and try to make it better for everyone.  OpenSource
is having a profound affect on the world.  There's more opportunity for
sharing of ideas, beyond what corrupt governments, systems, corporations
in the world were able to offer before.

regards,
  jm