Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:06:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        leo@marco.de, gj@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   	free token ring hardware offered, if you reply quickly.

I sent this
	To:     hardware@freebsd.org
	bcc:    current@freebsd.org
	cc:	various friends
to inform but avoid follow-up overload.

Available free to any Free/Net/OpenBSD/Linux type hacker ...
  (except recipient to pay shippings from Munich Germany &
   I've no time to find out what that would cost)..
& Due to be chucked out within a week to make space ... so answer me quickly!:
   The heap weighs about 13.5 Kilogrammes.

2 * Token Ring 8 Port (+RI +RO) MAU Multiple Access Unit (Hub),
	Front:
		Proteon proNET-4
	Back:
		Model P2710 (2 Technology Drive, Westboro MA 01581)
		SN30770002170	400mA 9V DC
	Documents in perfect condition, labelled:
		UNISYS Personal Workstation USERNET Token Ring
			Intelligent Wire Center,
		Installation Guide, Operating Guide,
		Manuel d'Installation, Installationsanleitung,
		Manuale di installazione, Guia de instalaci'on
	I have 1 power supply (220V/9V) for the 2 MAUs,
	+ daisy chain power cable included.
	Doc says: "Three wire centers can share one transformer".
	Shipping Crate: 64 x 15 x 35 centimetre.

2 * ISA 16 bit PC cards
	Cabletron Systems Inc PN 9000275-03
	On flange: 9 pin D + RJ + 4 LEDs
	5.25" Floppy, 1 Manual for 2 cards.
	Zustand: Gut
	Documentation: include sealed floppy.

3 * 3Com TokenLink Plus (1 still in original seal.
	Docu: inc orig floppy

Now simply in my way, so available free,
NO FreeBSD drivers available, you'll need to write some, or use it under
some horrific Gates-OS, which is what it was used with before.

I have no docu beyond user manuals, & no time to make enquiries,
just phone or mail me an address, find me a shipping authorisation
with FedEx/UPS/DHL/whatever, so I don't pay the freight & it's yours.

Note Jordan had found some volunteer to write FreeBSD token ring drivers
for more modern hardware, but I've seen no announcement of progress,
so I see no harm in offering this free perhaps to give the PD C src
community a 2nd route to token ring support ?

gj@freebsd.org looked at the hardwar & pronounced it very old.
old it may be, but the friend I got it from assures me it's in full
working order, but I have a new job, no time or space, & am having a
clear out ... anyone want to take it off my hands ?

Matthias, (& others) please feel free to copy this across to appropriate lists
for other PD hacker groups, Thanks.

Julian
---
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org		http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/