Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:31:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wu-ftpd doesn't tar or compress

It's been a while since I set this up, but I recall at some point I had to
make statically-linked version of tar, gzip, et al...  I think ls is
static by default, does that work?  You can go into /usr/src and find tar
and gzip and in the makefile add -STATIC to LDFLAGS.  After you make, copy
those into the ~ftp/bin directory.

Hope that helps,

Charles