Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 1995 22:59:14 +0000 ()
From:      lakes!mlh@galois.nscf.org (Michael Hendrick)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A few questions...

Sorry for not posting these, but my news host is having perpetual
rnews problems.

I am running FreeBSD 2.0 off the 12/94 cdrom.

While compiling my Waffle BBS, one of the utilities failed with a
message '_tell unreferenced from text segment'.  I have compiled this
same program under Linux and ISC, so I'm guessing this 'tell'
function (I'm obviously not a programmer) must be located somewhere
Waffle's not looking.  The Waffle author says tell() is an OS
function and not something defined in the Waffle source.  I've looked
through the man pages and 4.4 manuals to no avail.

What script should I run to install distribution packages after the
installation.  I now want to add the source and Xfree dists which I
did not initially install.  Do I just run extract.sh from within each
directory?

I have a Sony cdu-535 cdrom which I used under Linux.  Do you know if
anyone has a driver for this, or do you know an honest soul who might
port the Linux driver to FreeBSD if I loaned them my drive and some
beer & pizza money?

Thanks for your time.  I'm impressed with the quality and 'feel' of
the system, and look forward to your future work.