Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:25:42 +0200
From:      Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        johans@stack.nl
Subject:   Pike (lang/pike78) on FreeBSD 7.2

Hi,

Since I upgraded to FreeBSD 7.2 (from 7.1), my Pike installation has been
hanging regularly. When this happens, there is always one pike process in
[wait] state and one in [umtxn] (from top).

Thinking I might solve it by recompiling, I tried removing it and compiling
from ports. However, the installation from ports hangs while installing with
exactly the same problem.

I've tried recompiling my world to make sure everything is in sync (some
people reported problems like this with other applications because of libthr
/ libc being out of sync), and I've tried recompiling all ports that pike
depends on, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan