Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:40:38 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is fips truly updated to handle fat32

marcus@miami.edu said:
:- Yes, there is a fips 1.5c that recognizes FAT32.  It's in the tools
:- directory on ftp.freebsd.org.  The exact path is:
:- ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/fips15c.tar.gz

Thank you.  This version seems to work fine with three caveats:

1) After fips is done doing its thing, command.com tries to restart
and gets an "out of memory" error, and the (dos) system halts.  This
is using a floppy made from a W95 system.  This doesn't seem to harm
anything.

2) Booteasy (from 2.2.6 R) shows "???" for the resulting DOS partition.
This can probably be fixed by using a newer booteasy.  It boots both
partitions just fine though.

3) 2.2.6 R can't mount the fat32 partition.  This can probably be fixed
by using -stable or applying some patches.

I'll check around for solutions to 2 and 3.  I'll try to inform the
fips developer about 1.