Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:14:24 -0500
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wow!  FreeBSD in DV Magazine

FreeBSD in the news!  In Digital Video magazine:

So on one hand we, we have pricey, rock-solid workstations running
dyed-in-the-web UNIX operating systems.  On the other, we have less epensive
Pentium and PowerPC-based machines with pretty good software and Web
integration.  Isn't there some way to have the best of both worlds?  As a
matter of fact, there is.  The key is bringing together PC hardware, the
FreeBSD UNIX OS (shareware) and the venerable Apache HTTP Web server
(basically freeware).  This combination takes Microsoft completely out of the
picture, and can also inclue a Power Mac as the hardware component (using the
appropriate OS, such as OpenStep or Rhapsody).

and it continues...

Even a spiffy screenshot of the FreeBSD home page :)

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich