Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:32:10 -0600
From:      Chris <ccsanady@iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridging question

Hi, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the workings of the
bridge code.  In particular, how it decides which interfaces to use,
and how it can be configured.

I would like to have bridging on fxp0, and tap0, but not fxp1.  As I
understand it, you need to do a "sysctl -w
net.link.ether.bridge_refresh=1"
so that the bridge code will pick up the tap interface.  Unfortunately,
am not able to remove fxp1 from the bridging config.  I tried something
like

sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge_refresh=1
sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=fxp0:1,tap0:1,
sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1

However, this does not appear to work.  Any suggestions on how to make
this
happen?  Also, what are the defineable flags?

Thanks,
Chris Csanady