Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:12:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: core group topics

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.970730184224.270H-100000@Journey2.mat.net> Chuck Robey writes:
: 1) Satoshi's new Makefile.  His makefile has been around plenty long
: enough for testing, and while several people have reported good results,
: I've seen no negatives reported at all.  Will it get ignored or committed?

Heck, you have commit privs, so you could do it yourself :-).  That's
what I've been doing with the OpenBSD security fixes, just doing it
when I have time, and backing things out that escape my testing
procedures.

Granted this is a bigger deal thing than my stuff.

: ELF

If we do this, we should do it in 3.0.  That's the perfect time
because all the libraries are changing major numbers (or most) and
people would expect much disruption.  This would be a major diff
between 2.2.x and 3.x.

Heck, at least integrate it into the tree and make it possible to
build the new stuff with a DOELF=yes in /etc/make.conf.  That is the
next logical step, no?

Warner