Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:27:19 -0500
From:      Chris Jordan <cwjordan@corp.earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dependencies of the native jdk13 port

Hello,

I ran into a slight problem compiling the native jdk13 port (on
4.2-STABLE), I hope someone might have a clue what went wrong.  Briefly,
I went into /usr/ports/java/jdk13, typed make, followed the instructions
to download the software and the patch file, typed make again, and I got
an error: "BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK".  I poke around
with google, and I figure out I need to install the linux-jdk13 port
first.  Okay, that's fine with me, and now the compile seems to be
working correctly, but I thought, why isn't the linux-jdk13 listed as a
dependency of the native jdk13 port?

So I looked at the Makefile, and in fact the linux-jdk is listed under
BUILD_DEPENDS there. So my question is, why didn't make go out and try
to install the linux-jdk13 port?   Has this happened to anyone else, or
was there something flakey in my setup?

Chris Jordan
cwjordan@corp.earthlink.net