Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 13:20:43 -0700
From:      inspector.us@omicnet.com
To:        FBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Printer setup

Hello

In reference to a DeskJet 820Cse on FBSD 4.5R:

/etc/printcap is set up for lp.  I used the if-simple script from the
handbook.  I have read the chapter on printing (hdbk), and the man pages
for lpc, lpr, lptest.

dmesg shows that FreeBSD sees and recognizes lpt0 on ppbus0.

lpc status all tells me printing is enabled, spooling enabled, printer idle.

Still, I receive no output from either lptest or sending a text file to the
spooler.  What am I missing?

TIA,

Joshua