Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:22:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Miller <dmiller@search.sparks.net>
To:        crypt0genic <crypt0genic@ecad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD-ram

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, crypt0genic wrote:

> I have a Lacie DVD-RAM drive, it work great under windows, here is the DMESG i g
> et from it, I hope this is of some help.
>
> acd0: drive speed 1033KB/sec, 256KB cache
> acd0: supported read types:
> acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
> acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
> acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

IDE interface I take it?  This is the normal message for a CD.

> AFAIK I need to format the disks im using, but im unsure what format to use, If
> anyone has some suggestions or would like me to try different things for informa
> tion purposes I will be glad to help out.

I didn't realize it until we used it under 95/98, but the DVD-ram appears
to act like an MO drive.  IE, one can add, remove, change files at will.
I may hack the od driver in the next couple of days to see if it will work
at all.

> Also on another note, what is the support like for a Creative Labs encore DVD dr
> ive under FreeBSD?

I have no idea what this drive is.

--- david