Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:03:29 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Patch/Update via ports?

Hi all...this is my first post/visit to the list.  I'm a former Linux guy
who did a complete 180 an decided that after seeing FreeBSD, that Linux was
horrible, and FreeBSD was awesome! :)  That being said...I have a simple
question.  I have a few web servers already up and running on FreeBSD 4.5.
My problem is that the version of Apache they are running is the one that is
vulnerable to the new worm.  My question is, how do I go about updating the
install without deinstalling and re-installing the port?  I figured there's
gotta be a "make patch" command, but I don't want to mess up my production
boxes to try, and all my "play" boxes are newer, thus have the newer version
of Apache.  I've already ran cvsup and gotten the newest ports collection, I
just need to know what commands to run to patch.

Thanks,
--Brian