Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:18:12 +0930
From:      Adrian Murphy <amurphy@gsoft.com.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg & portmaster

Hi,

I noticed portmaster developed a problem after a recent update to
ports-mgmt/pkg where the following appears in the output:

[: false: bad number

I traced it to lines in portmaster where np_orphan is set:

np_orphan=`pkg query "%a" $upg_port`

It appears 'pkg query "%a"' used to return 0 or 1 and now it returns
'true' or 'false'.

The 'pkg help query' text says "%a  Returns 1 if the matched package is
an orphan package and can be pkg-autoremove(1)'d, 0 otherwise"

I further ran into trouble with ports-mgmt/pkg-devel today where
portmaster calls:
    pkg info pkg

This fails with ports-mgmt/pkg-devel unless the line is changed to:
    pkg info pkg-devel

This stopped portmaster from working.

I reverted to using ports-mgmt/pkg to get around this.

Regards, Adrian