Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 14:39:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu
To:        Ed Sweeney <esweeney@webmethods.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: XFree86 3.3.3

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:36:16 -0500
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>

Ed Sweeney <esweeney@webmethods.com> says:
: Hi, I built XFree86 3.3.3 on a Dell Inspiron 3200 with a NeoMagic 128XD.
:
: I can only get 320X200 going.  Anyone have any luck with 3.3.3 and 16bpp or
: should I try the 3.3.2 and patches I've seen reference to?  Thanks,  -Ed

I think that there's something up with the source.  I tried building it
and got similar results.  So, I decided to download the binary.  My
officemate did likewise.  Mine worked, his didn't.  It looks like there
are two versions of the software out there.  One that works with
NeoMagic cards and one that doesn't.

Grab the copy of ftp.freebsd.org (dated 11-16-98, the rest of the
distribution is 11-14-98), it should do the trick.

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8