Date:      Thu, 17 May 2007 14:06:07 +0200
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <fb-isp@psconsult.nl>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   HW RAID advice requested

Hi,

Need some advice on currently available, FreeBSD compatible SATA or
SATA/SAS controllers which can do hardware raid (depending on thruput
we will have to choose between RAID-1 and RAID-5 later).  I see the
Adaptec RAID controllers (both SATA and SAS) are supported by the aac
driver but looking thru the FreeBSD mail archives I see no comparison
information with other brands such as 3ware.

Ths machine will run FreeBSD 7 and use ZFS (the server will not go
live until 2008 so I hope ZFS may be production quality in time).

Any suggestions?  Boads to buy definitively or to avoid at all?

Thanks in advance!

Paul Schenkeveld