Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:12:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      W Alexander Hagen <aligzanduh@yahoo.com>
To:        research@docomolabs-usa.com
Cc:        W Alexander Hagen <aligzanduh@yahoo.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:    Interesting Validation of FreeBSD 4.3

--0-1105202560-1016500325=:15120

 Interesting Validation of FreeBSD 4.3
  Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net> wrote:
Josef Karthauser wrote:

| > I like to understand the problem, before upgrading out of it. This
| > is the 28th patch of REL ENG 4.3 after all. It should be very stable.
|
| 4.3 is two whole major releases ago. You should be running 4.5, which
| you can get by cvsuping using the tag RELENG_4_5_0_RELEASE, or the tag
| RELENG_4 if you wish to be at the head of developments on the -stable
| branch.

This is not wise advice. There are lots of circumstances where
4.3 is perfectly fine and can be shown to work while 4.4 and 4.5
are broken. I have had to revert to 4.3 on several machines
after attempting unsuccessfully to run 4.4 and 4.5 (and current,
for that matter).

Greg

--0-1105202560-1016500325=:15120

<P> Interesting Validation of FreeBSD 4.3
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Greg Black &lt;gjb@gbch.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
--0-1105202560-1016500325=:15120--