Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 00:25:15 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        yar@comp.chem.msu.su
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building documents outside doc/ tree impossible?

----Security_Multipart(Tue_May_31_00_25_15_2005_327)--

Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su> wrote
  in <20050530141615.GA55963@comp.chem.msu.su>:

ya> My memory fails to tell me reliably if this was ever possible, but
ya> I've just found that building a document outside the doc/ tree fails
ya> due to errors regarding mailing list entities.  Of course, I'm
ya> setting DOC_PREFIX to the actual location of the doc/ tree.  Is
ya> this by design, due to a bug, or my fault?  I've failed to find any
ya> suspicious Makefile.inc files in the tree or whatever.

 You have to set both of $DOC_PREFIX and
 $LANGCODE (LANGCODE=en_US.ISO8859-1, for example).