Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:52:36 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Real Mode interface

--nextPart2761612.VKUTJ4uih6

On Saturday 28 January 2006 05:15, you wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 04:03:34AM -0500, Anish Mistry wrote:
> > On Saturday 28 January 2006 02:10, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> > > Is there any equivalent to the Linux Real Mode interface in
> > > FreeBSD?  I would like to port a program called atitvout to
> > > FreeBSD, but it uses calls to the vesa bios in real mode on the
> > > x86 arch.  I can't seem to find out how to do this in FreeBSD.
> >
> > If you're trying to do tvout with your mach64 chipset, the Xorg
> > config file options work.
>
> First of all, this is not confurable after Xorg has started, AFAIK.
Right.

> Secondly, when Xorg does autodetect the S-Video connection, it
> loads the screen on both the LCD and S-Video interface which my
> video card does not like very well.
Hmmm...my card doesn't.  What I do is have a separate ServerLayou=20
section for the SVIDEO out.  I think use a script that I run when I=20
want to run the SVIDEO out.  It can be run while X is running on the=20
LCD panel.  It will start a new display and session on the TV.
http://am-productions.biz/docs/xorg.conf
http://am-productions.biz/docs/tvout

> Linux has the exact same=20
> issue, the only solution was to make sure the s-video connection
> was unplugged during Xorg startup and plug it in afterwards.  Then
> use atitvout to switch over to the s-video and shut the lcd signal
> off.  If Xorg can do this after it's started then I might try that.
>
> > --
> > Anish Mistry

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry