Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:36:52 +0200
From:      "Kobus de Wit" <kobus@cits.com.na>
To:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kobus de Wit <kobus@cits.com.na>
Subject:   REQUEST FOR ADVICE/INFO

Hi All,

    I am running a FreeBSD 6.0 server with one network interface (rl0)
pointing to the Internet (public IP) and another pointing to internal
networks (rl1) (3 in total). PF is used to allow access to the Internet
(nat on $ext_if from $internal_net to any -> ($ext_if). On one of the
internal networks an EXIM mail server resides.

    The solution I am looking for is for interface rl0 to listen for
traffic destined for the mail server (on the mail server's public IP and
on the same subnet as rl0) and for PF to rdr it to the said server. My
pf.conf entry for the above is as follows:-

        rdr on $ext_if proto tcp on any to $external_addr/32 port 25 ->
192.168.21.10 port 25

    When I assign an IP alias address to rl0 my internet response (web
pages that do not open properly) becomes unsatisfactorily.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Kobus