Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:23:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hua@nease.net
Subject:   Re: Is there any "race condition" in FFS?

> Hello:
> 	Recently,some of our Server always down due to the FFS error.
> 	the situation can be describe below:

 Al -

   I believe you'll find similar situations in the FreeBSD mail
 archives.  Look for "daily panic", and the "Dave Rivers memorial
 panic" in the freebsd-hackers mail archive.  [You can get to the
 freebsd mail archives from the freebsd.org web page.]

   However, we have not been able to nail this down.

   But, there is some good news.  People have reported that the problem
 appears to have gone away in version 3.0 (likely as a good side-effect
 of other changes.)   You might want to try using 3.0 on your server.

   Lastly, if you can reliably reproduce this - it would help us get
 to the root of the problem.

	- Dave Rivers -