Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:36:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
To:        dtalk@prairienet.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squid?

In local.freebsd-questions you write:

>G'day -

>Anybody running squid?  It runs pretty well for me on (*cringe*)
>Linux, but I've had rotten luck with it so far on this platform.
>I've tried the port, and also rolled my own (which I prefer).  It
>compiles and runs fine, but is awfully unreliable.  Frequently loses
>its ability to resolve hostnames, for some reason, even when I can
>resolve them just fine at the command line.

I've seen that happen long ago, but that was solved by going from
squid 2.2 to 2.3 (which was the development version at the time).

Have you checked the error log?  Just to make sure it is not something
trivial, like running out of file descriptors.

	$.02,
	/Mikko
--
 Mikko Työläjärvi_______________________________________mikko@rsasecurity.com