Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:57:28 -0500
From:      "Marcel Mason" <mmason@nunanet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   logbook

In the grand scheme of things I am fairly new to freebsd so immediate
apologies if this seems like a rank newbie question, or is off-topic.

Everything I have read tells me that I need to keep a system logbook, a
reasonable thing to do so that system information is kept in one place other
than my head.

What I have been unable to find is what this log book should look like, how
it should be arranged, etc .. Of the 5 administrators that I personally know
(all involved with ISP's) none of them keep a logbook and none can shed any
light on what such a log should look like.

Archive search gave no clues regarding this either.

Is anyone up to providing a brief description of what a logbook should look
like or how it should be organized, possibly even scan a page and email it
to me?

URL's with description, screenshots, also welcome

Thanks

Marcel