Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:07:33 IST
From:      Narra Madhavi Latha <madhavi@india.hp.com>
To:        smpatel@prognet.com (Sujal Patel)
Subject:   Re: Problem in installing java compiler on FreeBSD

> Hello,
     u asked me to install kaffe.I have downloaded  kaffe-0.8.4.tgz
and installed it.Then I have already jdk.so i have class libraries.I typed ./configure as given in the read file of KAFFE.It created the necessary make files.After that I typed make in tye same directory.I suppose I have compiled kaffe fro my freebsd.Now do I need to do anything else?
     I wrote a sample program and compiled using javac.It gave an error.Tell me what should I do if I want to run a java program.Wjat is the role of kaffe in making a java program run on my machine.

Thank you,
madhavi

> > Hello,
> >       i am working on freeBSD.I am having netscape 3.0 in my machine.But
> > When I try to install Java compiler it says  javac-netscape-1.01 is
> > marked as broken:netscape's java support is currently broken.
>
> Netscape broke the java support that we were using after version 2.0
> (it's broken in 2.01).  You'll need to try "kaffe" (it's in the ports).
>
> Sujal

 Off:                                                    Res:
 N.Madhavi Latha,                                        Flat :202 A,
 HEWLETT-PACKARD INDIA,                                  Shalimar Avenue,
 29,cunningham Road,                                     II Main,Dinnur,
 B'lore-560052                                           R.T.Nagar,B'lore-560032.
 Call:2251554 Extn:1466                                  Call:3434010

 E-Mail:madhavi@legacy.india.hp.com