Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 15:12:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      toja@tele.pw.edu.pl (Slawomir Witold Gorniak)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions :)

Hello !

I've installed FreeBSD 2.1.0R and have some problems
with the configuration. I've read all the included FAQs and
README's and didn't find anything about them..

1. when I added the driver for my ATAPI CD-ROM, on second IDE
bus as master, the red controller LED is always lit - it
starts just after probing for wdc1. This problem can be resolved
only .. by not including the ATAPI driver :(

2. I can't configure my SoundBlaster 16 - the kernel boots well,
dmesg returns information about SB16 found, but the device
/dev/pcaudio remains unconfigured, even after cd /etc ; ./MAKEDEV
pcaudio ; ./MAKEDEV sb. Every time I try to cat audio_file.au > /dev/pcaudio
I obtain the message: device not configured.

Could you help me ? Thanks in advance,

			Slawek Gorniak (ToJa on IRC)