Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:54:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@C456086-A.bllvu1.wa.home.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USER_LDT gone?

Will Andrews wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 09:46:24PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > I do read the commit messages, but I don't remember one about
> > USER_LDT.  A search of the mailing list archive at www.freebsd.org
> > didn't turn up an obvious commit.
>
> It was committed less than 2 hours ago.

Actually, 4 hours :-)  I won't see this commit message until tomorrow.

Revision 1.146 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Fri Feb 23 01:24:59 2001 UTC (4 hours, 24 minutes ago)
by peter
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: HEAD
Changes since 1.145: +1 -2 lines
Diff to previous 1.145 (colored)

Activate USER_LDT by default.  The new thread libraries are going to
depend on this.  The linux ABI emulator tries to use it for some linux
binaries too.  VM86 had a bigger cost than this and it was made default
a while ago.

Reviewed by:    jhb, imp

--
Steve