Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:28:10 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD quest <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Usage of "restore"

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:54:29 +0100, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:=

> The answer is in "man restore". :-)

No it isn't ;). I did read it.

This was a Wald'n'B=C3=A4ume situation. Even if I would have add a .bz2,=
would have missed it, since on Linux I .tar.bz backups and it's more
automated to extract a .tar.foo. However, I should add .bz2 in the futur=
e.

> Ern... two things: Do you _really_ have /bin/bash on FreeBSD?
> I know this is possible.
>
> And do you use any bash-specific features in your script? If
> not, why not use /bin/sh, the "universally" accepted standard? :-)

No /bin/bash,

# ls /usr/local/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/bash

I run "bash file" instead of "sh file", IIRC I already had an issue when=
  =

writing a script and running "sh file".

I use it, since I use it on Linux too, another shell might cause issues,=
  =

if I continue writing this script or if I should write another script.  =

Btw. I was an Assembler coder in the 80s and don't have much knowledge h=
ow  =

to write shell scripts, if I need something I search for it. I'm using  =

*NIX as OS for audio productions and for the Internet, I'm not intereste=
d  =

in programming anymore, I only do what's needed, *NIX OS are a tool for =
 =

me. Philosophy about POSIX isn't a religion for me.

I thought /bin/sh is a link to another shell.

Regards,
Ralf