Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:03:13 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        horst leitenmueller <horst.leitenmueller@liwest.at>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Basic Question on Staging

Hi!

> just a short question to staging:
>
> who is porting things handled/maintained by freebsd.org
>
> example fontsproto-2.1.2  x11@freebsd.org
> libtool etc
> and a bunch more

There's a wiki page which links to the team pages:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsTeams

x11@ probably counts as the Xorg team.

> these are base dependencies for a lot of other packages and i'm
> not sure who has checked this before writing they will be removed?
> with end of august
>
> perhaps somebody can explain ...

Well, we all hope that volunteers spring up and provide patches
for as many ports as possible from the list of unstaged ports:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/notstaged.txt

If you a patch, please submit a PR and some committer tries to
work with you to get it in the ports tree.

Yes, we're backlogged/overworked, so the better the PR, the faster
it can be committed.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !