Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 11:40:13 -0500
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is running out of time

I just assumed that once we made a change to something as fundamental as
the architecture's word size that everything else built upon that
(including the filesystem structures) would follow suit.  In other words, I
wasn't expecting that backward compatibility would be paramount after going
64-bit.

K.S.