Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 06:27:59 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Recursive File Transfers

Greetings.

	We are currently converting FTP and W3 services over from NT to FreeBSD, and have
encountered an interesting stumbling block...

	Short of installing SAMBA and using NT tools, is there any way to transfer NTFS
trees over the local wire to our new FBSD boxen?  I was under the impression that NCFTP
could do recursive ftp sessions, but it seems to fail if there is not a current directory structure
in place PRIOR to initiating the transfer.

	Since we are attempting to mirror roughly 7gb of FTP and 4gb of W3 trees, manual
mirroring is NOT an option!

TIA!

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

A small fading light in a vast and obscure universe....