Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:24:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jeremy L. Stock" <jstock@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.3-STABLE Netscape DNS problem?

I'm running the Linux version of Netscape 4.61 using the linux_base 5.2
package. Since I upgraded my system to 3.3-STABLE I'm seeing dns delays when
trying to connect to any sites. I didn't see this under 3.2-STABLE or
3.3-RC. I've tried different name servers with no success. Sometimes
Netscape will lock completely and require a kill -9 to die. If I use a proxy,
I don't see this. I also don't see it under Linux on the same box. Any
insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Jeremy L. Stock					<jstock@visi.com>