Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:48:22 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Sergey Kirichok <Sergey_Kirichok@miromix.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:08:07PM +0300, Sergey Kirichok wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I have a question regarding support in FreeBSD on-board SCSI LSI 53c1030=
=20
> controller.
>=20
> In the FreeBSD/i386 4.11 Release Hardware Notes I found the only one stri=
ng:
>=20
> LSI Logic Fusion/MP architecture Fiber Channel controllers (mpt driver)
>=20
>    *
>=20
>      LSI FC909, FC929
>=20
>    *
>=20
>      LSI 53c1020, 53c1030
>=20
>=20
> but in the official LSI Logic  web-site I found next:
>=20
> LSI53C1030 PCI-X to Dual-Channel Ultra320 SCSI Controller
>=20
> Possible mistake?
>=20
> Its not Fiber Channels Controler!
>=20
> Please help, its very important for us!!!
>=20
> Or may be You have official confirmation regarding support FreeBSD 4.11=
=20
> on servers Dell PowerEdge 2850 in SCSI mode?
>=20
> Please give us official confirmation (or disclaimer) regarding support=20
> LSI53C1030 in FreeBSD 4.11.
>=20

The mpt(4) manpage says:

=3D=3D=3D=3D
  DESCRIPTION
       The mpt driver provides support for the LSI Logic Fusion-MPT family =
of
       SCSI and Fibre Channel controllers.

  HARDWARE
      The following controllers are supported by the mpt driver:
=20
       =B7   LSI Logic 53c1030 (Dual Ultra320 SCSI)
       =B7   LSI Logic FC909 (1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
       =B7   LSI Logic FC909A (Dual 1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
       =B7   LSI Logic FC919 (2Gb/s Fibre Channel)
       =B7   LSI Logic FC929, LSI Logic FC929X (Dual 2Gb/s Fibre Channel)

       The SCSI controller chips supported by the mpt driver can be found
       onboard on many systems including:

       =B7   Dell PowerEdge 1750
       =B7   IBM eServer xSeries 335
=3D=3D=3D=3D

It seems fairly clear to me that the LSI 53c1030 SCSI controller is suppose=
d to
work.

--=20
<Insert your favourite quote here.>