Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:02:29 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone want ESR's job? :)

Steve Price wrote:

> http://www.netaxs.com/~esr/writings/take-my-job-please.html

I think we'll be helping to spread the load with my new commitment. The
time is past for there to be ONE Richard Stallman or Eric Raymond who
speaks for us. We are a community of many interests, and it will improve
our standing in the real-world perception for there to be several of us
who cannot be knocked down and blown away. This will just lead to a
showcasing of our benefits vs. theirs, and we will _all_ come out ahead
of the game through the visibility. The losers will be the dinosaurs.

I also ask you to note the downsides of the job that he speaks of. They
are real, and I ask you to cut _all_ of us the slack we need to survive,
especially as I grow into the job. We have all benefited from RS's years
of effort with GNU _and_ from the rise in market perception that ESR has
orchestrated.

We have felt the frustration of trying to get ESR to mention FreeBSD
with Linux. Now, the BSD-licensed software -- and I intend to speak up
for ALL, from Apache to XFree86 -- will have its own visible advocate.
--
Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media