Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:35:22 +0200
From:      Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)

On Friday 01 June 2001 11:30, Kris Kennaway wrote:
 But B can request that A authenticate you to any other host, at any
> time during the lifetime of the A-B agent forwarding connection, using
> your RSA key on A.  Even though B can't get your key itself, it can
> authenticate as you as often as it likes, to as many systems as it
> likes, as long as that agent forwarding channel is available.  That's
> the next best thing, because when you obtain access to a system once,
> in general (not always) it's fairly easy to retain access
> indefinitely.

	Of course. That't why I want an external device. Something like an iButton,
which you could plug *only* whenever you want to authenticate. Once
authenticated, you disconnect it and the agent can no longer authenticate.

	Now I am playing with an HP calculator. It could be a fairly acceptable
solution to store the keys and authenticate, and the screen could warn the
user (and ask for a password) whenever a remote authentication request
arrives.

	Borja.