Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:23:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brogan <jbrogan@reply.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   Looking for a sendmail patch

We are having problems with some mailers never getting the
"250 Message Received" text after issuing the "." at the
end of the message transfer.  This causes the eventual
timeout to occurr and the message to be "stuck" between
their site and ours.

I have version 8.6.8 and am using FreeBSD 1.1.5.1.  I'm
not entirely sure *what* is causing this problem, but it
is definitely something that other sites have reported to
me as well.

Is there a patch for this?  If you have any suggestions
on fixing this problem, please advise.  I get about 4
sites/day who just can't get mail through.  They can
telnet to port 25 and send a message, but their mailers
(and they are not all the same) just can't get through.

Hopefully this has been covered before, but I can't find
it in any FAQ so I'm sending a note here.

Thanks in advance.

John Brogan