Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:16:17 +0100
From:      Tom Butterworth <buttie@mac.com>
To:        epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
Cc:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick-5.5.7.16

Thanks for the advice, I decided to go down the portupgrade route in=20
any event. However one of the ImageMagick-6.0.2.7 dependencies is=20
XFree86-libraries-4.2.0_1 and when it gets to this point in the=20
portupgrade it keeps coming back with the error

make: don't know how to make includes. Stop
*** Error code 2

any ideas of how to cure this would be much appreciated as i have hit a=20=

brick wall

Thanks Tom

On Wednesday, July 14, 2004, at 10:05 PM, epilogue wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:37:01 -0400
> Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Tom Butterworth wrote:
>>> I was having trouble with the package ImageMagick-5.5.7.16=20
>>> permissions
>>> wise so i decided to remove and re install it. Unfortunately when=20
>>> using
>>> pkg_add command it gets latest version which requires a lot of other
>>> up-to date dependents. Where is it possible to get=20
>>> ImageMagick-5.5.7.16
>>> or do i have to go through removing and updating all the dependent
>>> packages and use latest ImageMagick?
>
> in /usr/ports/distfiles, do you still have a copy of the version you=20=

> want?
> if so, you feeding the /path/filename to pkg_add should, in theory,=20
> work.
>
> to my knowledge, vanilla pkg_add (ie. with no switches) shouldn't be
> pulling down a new version.  normally, that only happens when you use
> the -r (remote) switch.
>
> you might also want to look at the /usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade. =20=

> haven't used it myself.  i presume that it requires for all the older
> versions of the necessary files (ie. dependencies) to still be=20
> available,
> but it is certainly worth investigating.
>
> good luck,
> epi
>
>> If you don't want to upgrade all of the dependencies required by the
>> precompiled package, you'll have to install the software from sources=20=

>> by
>> hand.
>>
>> Using portupgrade to keep up-to-date is probably easier...
>>
>> --=20
>> -Chuck

e : tom@semiotica.co.uk
w : http://www.semesys.com/
       http://www.semiotica.co.uk
a : semioticaNewMedia
      PO box 13
      Ashton U Lyne
      Lancashire
      OL7 9FY
=A0
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is for=20=

the intended recipient(s) alone. It may contain privileged and=20
confidential information that is exempt from disclosure under English=20
law and if you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy,=20
distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received=20
this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately. If this message is=20=

being transmitted over the Internet, be aware that it may be=20
intercepted by third parties.