Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:50:54 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Jukka Simila <juksi@iname.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help !

Jukka Simila:
 |I'm desperate, so I'm mailing this here. Propably not the right place.
 |
 |I'm having trouble using XtAppAddTimeOut, and I can't figure it out myself.
 |Trying to reprogram my curses-based nettimecounter program to use gtk (I want a
 |neat interface), but I couldn't find a function to set a timer in gtk, so I
 |use Xt. However:
 |Whatever I'm trying to do, I'm receiving the following:
 |
 |/var/tmp/ccuvD8651.o: In function `TimeOutCB':
 |/var/tmp/ccuvD8651.o(.text+0x4d7): undefined reference to `XtAppAddTimeOut'
 |/var/tmp/ccuvD8651.o: In function `main':
 |/var/tmp/ccuvD8651.o(.text+0x6e5): undefined reference to `XtAppAddTimeOut'

Looks like errors linking you executable, right?  You didn't say.  If so,
you need to add "-lXt -lX11" (and maybe "-lXi") to your link line to pull
in Xt.

 |I'm trying to use fxtv's source as a reference, because I can't make
 |anything sensible out of the manpages.

Agreed.  The man pages for X/Xt/Xm are far from enough to use these libs.
Gotta have the O'Reilly rainbow set handy sometimes.  (That's part of the
reason I jumped ship for Tkinter and Python.)

Randall