Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:38:56 -0500
From:      "Dennis Jun" <dennisjun@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading a depended port

Hello all!

I have gkrellm-1.0.6 installed on my system. I wish to upgrade it to
1.0.7. However, after I did a cd /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm/; make;
pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/gkrellm-1.0.6/ I got the following warning:

pkg_delete: package `gkrellm-1.0.6' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
gkrellmms-0.5.5
gkrellmvolume-0.8

Now I'm wondering what would be the best course of action to upgrade to
1.0.7 without breaking those apps that are dependent on it. Much thanx in
advance.